Welcome to SPN Survivors!
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to mental health education, awareness and suicide prevention. Our motto is Helping People, Saving Lives: The Family Business! and we invite you to join us in our efforts to:
1. start more conversations about good mental health
2. provide the necessary resources to practice healthy coping skills
3. share available community mental health and suicide prevention resources with those in need.
Stepping Up to Help Others
We all have struggles and challenges in life, but we do not need to fight these battles alone. Through our programs and events, we reach out to area hospitals, schools and counseling offices to support our mental health professionals and those who are struggling by providing resources and education to assist with healthy coping skills, self-care and the importance of #TakeCareofYou – mind, body & spirit.
Upcoming Events: (local and national)
We are Stepping Up to Help Others with 2 different fundraising activities:
AKF Ride Sunday, June 2 at 12:30pm
Come see us at these two comic and pop culture conventions:
- Comfort Kits: Kids today face many challenges in their young lives, from depression and anxiety to poverty and domestic abuse, that without healthy coping skills, nurturing relationships and support can leave them feeling alone and overwhelmed. Our Comfort Kits not only provide ways to reduce the stress of the situation but also provide support and encouragement to Always Keep Fighting for better days ahead because #YouMatter! Monetary donations are always welcome here on our website to support this program.
- Amazon Smile: Support SPN Survivors through every Amazon order placed by starting at AmazonSmile and choosing SPN Survivors as your charitable organization.
- Etsy Store: Our Battle Buddies make great gifts for friends and family of all ages and they are available to order every day from our Etsy store. Every Comfort Kit we donate includes one of our Battle Buddies and we have heard some amazing stories of how they are truly Helping People, Saving Lives: The Family Business!
- Kroger: Support SPN Survivors through your weekly grocery shopping by linking your Kroger Plus Card to our non-profit account #NY648. Enroll in the Kroger Community Rewards Program and start making a difference today .
The days and events listed below are opportunities for you to #GetKind and increase your awareness so you are better able to reach out and help others in your community.
April 11 ~ National Pet Day
Did You Know . . .
Did you know that 50% of all mental illness develops by the age of 14, when a young person is starting high school? And that 75% of all mental illness develops by the age of 24? Mental illness does not discriminate and affects every school and every neighborhood across the country. The good news is that mental illness is a health disorder that IS treatable. Education and awareness are essential in early detection, seeking help and realizing “You are NOT alone!”
Do You Know Me?
SPN Survivors is looking for the young Supernatural fan who attended ChiCon 2013 and asked Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles about suicide at the end of their panel. That moment forever changed our lives and an open letter has been written to her in hopes that she will contact us. If you know who this person is, please let her (or her family) know we would love to talk to her. Thank you!